1. Open the InDesign Template File
When you unzip the template package you received from us, you will notice that there are several different files inside. The template for InDesign has the file extension INDD or INX.
2. View the Template
When you open the Template you will see several layers in the document:
- Your Artwork
- Template Guidelines
- Internal Use
- Template Tags
3. Select the "Your Artwork" Layer
You will be placing your artwork on this layer.
4. Create/Import Artwork
Create or Import your design elements into your InDesign template file using the File > Place... menu command.
5. Place Your Artwork and Images
Place your artwork and images into the template. We recommend a resolution of 300dpi for all images.
- Your background image is extended all the way to the blue Bleed line
- All of your elements are aligned properly relative to the pink Trim and Fold lines
- Critical elements such as text are within the green Safety lines
6. Export Your File as a PDF
To export your file as a PDF just follow these simple steps!
- From the top menu, select File > Adobe PDF Presets > [PDF/X-4:2008]. This selection will open the Export window.
- Within the Export window, enter (or review) your file name, select a location on your computer, and click the Save button. Clicking the Save button will bring up the Export Adobe PDF window.
- Within the Export Adobe PDF window, click the Export button. This will generate the PDF and save it to the location you have selected.
- Upload this PDF to our website.
Please sign in to leave a comment.