1. Open the Illustrator Template File
When you unzip the template package you received from us, you will notice that there are several different files inside. The template for Illustrator has the file extension AI.
2. View the Template
When you open the Template you will see several layers in the document:
- Your Artwork
- Template Guidelines
- Internal Use
- Template Tags
3. Select the "Your Artwork" Layer
You will be placing your artwork on this layer.
4. Create/Import Artwork
Create or Import your design elements into your Illustrator template file using the "File > Place..." menu command.
5. Place Your Artwork and Images
Place your artwork and images into the template. We recommend a resolution of 300dpi for all images.
- Your background image is extended all the way to the blue Bleed line
- All of your elements are aligned properly relative to the pink Trim and Fold lines
- Critical elements such as text are within the green Safety lines
6. Save Your File as a PDF
If this is your first time saving a PDF/X from Illustrator: A window will pop up letting you know that Saving as PDF/X may disable some editing features.... Assuming that you have already saved your design file in it's native and editable formate as mentioned above, you should click OK. If you have not saved your template in it's native format we recommend that you do so before beginning the steps to saving as a PDF.
To save your file as a PDF just follow these simple steps!
- From the top menu, select File > Save As.... Making this selection will launch the Save As window.
- Within the Save As window, enter (or review) your file name and select a location on your computer. Select Adobe PDF as your format and click the Save button. This will bring up the SaveAdobe PDF window.
- Within the Save Adobe PDF window, select [PDF/X-4:2008] as your Adobe PDF preset, then click the Save PDF button. This will generate the PDF and save it to the location you specified.
- Upload this PDF to our website.
Please sign in to leave a comment.