To add images and text, you will be working from the taps tabs at the bottom of the screen, under the template: Add Stock Art Layer > Add New Text Layer > Add from My Images (where you can upload your own pictures).
We recommend only using JPEGs (high resolution, CMYK preferred) for your designs. The online designer will also accept PNG files but is not able to display transparencies.
If you’re interested in our Stock Art, be sure to use the drop–down menu on the right to see the different categories and peruse all the images available.
Once you add an image, you can size it by grabbing the gray box in the lower right corner of the image. Be careful, there is no way to be sure you are sizing proportionally.
A few tips on adding and editing text:
- Click into text box area under the tab that says “Add New Text Layer” and type your first title (ex – Artist/Band Name) and select from the available options using the drop down menus for font, size, color, etc.
- Next, click the “Add Text” button, and your text layer will appear in the middle of the CD template with a green dotted box around it (notifying you this is the ‘layer you can now move/edit).
- You will need to click on the text layer with your mouse and drag it to the place you’d like it to be on the template.
- To add each additional text layer , follow previous steps. Once new layer is added, you will now see a new layer in the Layers Tab.
- On the right hand side you can also Edit Layer by font, size, bold, italics, underline and rotate. Make sure you have the layer you want selected (it will highlight in yellow), so you can edit.
- Use the "Common Logos" font to add copyright symbols, CD/DVD logos, and more
If you have purchased a UPC code, just leave room for it. You will be able to add that to your design in the next step.
You will have the opportunity to double–check all your work in the View Proofs section, as well as view an animated proof.
Please sign in to leave a comment.